Welcome to our Terms & Conditions.
These Terms & Conditions cover how we operate, what you can expect from us and what we expect from you. It’s standard stuff, but worth reading so you understand how we do business.
‘We’ and ‘Us’ refer to Liquid Audio and the ‘Customer’ refers to the person or persons engaging us to work on their ‘Equipment’.
- All work is undertaken in good faith and performed to the highest standards.
- We are responsible for all work undertaken and all work is performed by Us unless otherwise stated.
- We utilize parts of equal or better than factory specifications wherever possible.
- Where originally specified parts are no longer available, We utilize modern equivalents or better.
- We reserve the right to decline work if the Equipment has been abused, tampered with, damaged by third parties or is in otherwise poor condition.
- We may photograph and document our work and use this material in the production of articles on hi-fi equipment.
- Unless specifically agreed to prior to commencement, the time for completion of any work is not part of our terms of engagement.
- A standard minimum billable amount of $100 applies per piece of equipment which covers inspection, a report, repairs and service, as appropriate.
- We may charge less than $100 per unit in certain circumstances, such as systems consisting of multiple pieces.
- Work is completed as quickly as possible, whilst maintaining our high standards of workmanship.
- Cost estimates are provided based on assessing the costs of labour and materials at the time of engagement.
- Estimates are not binding and we reserve the right to vary charges to meet cost variations encountered during work undertaken.
- All workmanship, parts and goods sold are covered by a 90-day warranty, applicable from the date of invoice.
- The 90-day warranty covers defects and faults in parts and workmanship. If a defect in parts or workmanship occurs within the warranty period, we will rectify it free of charge.
- We are not responsible for damage caused by misuse or abuse of your Equipment.
- We are not responsible for damage caused by previous repairers.
- We are not responsible for the failure of Equipment due to age, problems we were not engaged to repair and other factors beyond our control.
- All accounts are invoiced and recorded for tax purposes.
- Accounts up to $1000 are payable by cash. Accounts of $1000 and above are payable by cash or EFT.
- Account payments must be paid within 14 or 30 days, as stated on the invoice.
- Where payment has not been received by the due date and where no agreement has been reached regarding late payment, We reserve the right to charge $10 per piece of equipment, per week to cover storage and administrative costs.
- If an account is not paid within 30 days and attempts to secure payment have failed, We reserve the right to sell the Equipment, under the Disposal of Uncollected Goods Act, 1970 to recover costs.
- In the unlikely event that We are fraudulently engaged or engaged with no intention of being paid, We will dispose of the Equipment very quickly to recover costs.
Collection of Equipment
- We will make all reasonable attempts to contact the Customer via phone and/or email regarding the collection of his/her Equipment.
- Equipment must be collected within 30 days from date of invoice, usually at the time of payment.
- Where Equipment is not collected within 30 days and no agreement has been reached regarding storage, We reserve the right to charge $10 per piece of equipment, per week, to cover storage and administrative costs.
- If Equipment is not collected within 30 days and no agreement has been reached regarding storage, We reserve the right under the Disposal of Uncollected Goods Act, 1970 to sell the Equipment to recover costs.
- If shipping of Equipment is required, We will attempt to re-use shipping materials provided by the Customer.
- If shipping materials provided by the Customer are unsuitable, We will obtain and charge for suitable shipping materials.
- Equipment will be shipped at the Customer’s cost unless otherwise agreed to by both parties.
- We are not liable for any damages incurred during shipping to or from our premises.